Taiwan and Cambodia
Trip is Full! Please submit form to be placed on the waiting list
November 7 - 21, 2019
Join us for a mission immersion trip to experience the JOY of Asia. Learn more about the people in Taiwan and Cambodia and explore how we are linked to the people of Asia in the bonds of global solidarity.
Immersion trip includes:
- Pre-trip orientation and on-site introduction to the cultural, religious, economic, and political realities of Taiwan and Cambodia
- Visit Maryknoll missionaries, hear their stories of working with the people of Taiwan and Cambodia and discover how their work in mission connects with your own calling as a missionary disciple
- Meet the people in Taipei, Taichung and Phnom Penh and listen to stories of hope and challenge, from the high tech factories of Taiwan to the rural villages of Cambodia
- Celebrate with local communities of missionary disciples and opportunities for inter-religious dialogue
- Engage in pastoral visits with migrant workers, indigenous communities, people impacted by mental and physical disabilities, people living with HIV and AIDS, orphans, school children and more
- Includes cultural visits to Angkor Wat, the Killing Fields and museums
- Trip begins in Taipei and ends in Phnom Penh and includes the airfare from Taiwan to Phnom Penh and trip from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
- Daily communal prayer, liturgies and theological reflection
- Post-trip debriefing and reflection
- Credits for Continuing Education
Trip details and estimated costs:
- All inclusive in-country accommodations (room, meals, and in-country transportation): approximately $2,200 per individual. Slight discount for sharing a room.
- Participants are responsible for their own air travel to Taipei and from Phnom Penh.
- U.S. Passport required. Visa is required for Cambodia ($35) that can be obtained online or on arrival.
- Please check with your doctor regarding vaccines.
*Note: to arrive in Taipei (TPE) on 11/7/2019, you will likely need to fly from the U.S. on 11/6/2019 on an overnight flight. Departures on 11/21/2019 from Phnom Penh (PNH) will likely arrive back to the U.S. on 11/22/2019.