East Africa: Mission Immersion Trip
September 8 to 26, 2020
Join us for a mission immersion trip to experience the JOY of Africa. Learn more about the people in Kenya and Tanzania and explore how we are linked to the people of East Africa in the bonds of global solidarity.
Immersion trip includes:
- Pre-trip orientation
- On-site introduction to the cultural, religious, economic, and political realities of Kenya and Tanzania
- Visit Maryknoll missionaries, hear their stories of working with the people of Kenya and Tanzania and discover how their work in mission connects with your own mission
- Meet the people East Africa and listen to stories of hope and challenge, from the city slums of Nairobi to the rural villages of Tanzania
- Celebrate with local communities of missionary disciples
- Engage in pastoral visits with members of Small Christian Communities, street children, HIV/AIDS patients, orphans, school children and more
- Trip begins in Nairobi, Kenya with van trip to Tanzania with stops in Mwanza and Musoma and ends in Arusha.
- Includes over night safari park trips to Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti National Park
- Daily communal prayer, liturgies and theological reflection
- Post-trip debriefing and reflection
- Credits for Continuing Education
*Note: to arrive in Nairobi, Kenya (JRO) on 9/9/2020, you will likely need to fly from the U.S. on 9/8/2020 on an overnight flight. Departures on 9/25/2020 from Kilimanjaro near Arusha (JRO) will likely arrive back to the U.S. on 9/26/2020.
Trip details and estimated costs:
- All inclusive in-country accommodations (room, meals, and in-country transportation): approximately $3,000 per individual. Costs are tentative and will be finalized in the Spring.
- Participants are responsible for their own arrangements and costs to arrive in Nairobi, Kenya (NBO) and depart from Kilimanjaro (JRO) near Arusha. As of December 2019, estimated airfare was $900.
- U.S. Passport required. Visas are required.
- Please check with your doctor regarding vaccines.
To apply, please fill out the form to the right.
For more information, contact: