Pilgrimage / Mission Immersion to the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Mexico City
August 11-21, 2024
Embark on a transformative adventure to Mexico City, where our pilgrimage takes us to the renowned Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe, a globally cherished religious site. Immerse yourself in the historical tapestry of Mexico City, unraveling the intricate connection between faith and culture in the vibrant peoples of Latin America. Our itinerary includes a visit to the Missionaries of Guadalupe, a missionary society based in Mexico City, founded in 1949 with the assistance of Maryknoll Missionary Bishop Alonso Manuel Escalante. Committed to global foreign missions, we'll engage in meaningful encounters and build relationships with individuals, families, and communities including those in Zimapan, Hidalgo—an indigenous enclave outside Mexico City. Join us for a mission trip that seamlessly weaves spirituality, cultural exploration, and community connections.
Immersion includes visits to:
- Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Missionaries of Guadalupe Seminary (Spanish: Misioneros de Guadalupe)
- Historic Center of Mexico City and Teotihuacan (Mexican Archeological sites)
- Zimapan, Hidalgo, one of the indigenous communities outside Mexico City
- Opportunities for prayer, liturgy and faith sharing
- Orientation to the social, political, and economic realities of Mexico
- Daily reflections and faith formation activities
- Ongoing missionary discipleship support and formation before, during, and after the trip
- Post-trip debriefing and reflection
- Acceptance at Maryknoll's discretion
- Participants must arrange and pay for their own air travel from the U.S. to Mexico City International Airport and back during the designated time frame. In-country transportation will be provided during the trip.
- Accommodations and meals are provided
- Current passport with an expiration date exceeding at least 6 months from trip date and Visas as required. Check U.S. State website for more information.
- Suggested donation of $975 to cover trip costs (subject to change)
- Participants must sign a Travel Risk Agreement
- Non-refundable deposit of $100 due upon acceptance
- Limited scholarships are available for those in need and unable to make the full donation
- Trips require a minimum number of participants to proceed
Visit https://www.maryknoll.us/mission-trips for more information or contact Zahira Sandoval at email@example.com or (773) 493-3367 ext.263