Mission Immersion trip to Taiwan - Young Adults Encouraged to Apply
Postponed, stay tuned for more information.
Come explore the richness of Taiwanese culture through the lens of enthusiastic young adults, ambitious Filipino migrant workers, and the devout faith of the local people and missionaries. This unique opportunity will allow you to explore Taiwan’s famous heritage sites, churches and sites founded by early Catholic missionaries, to hear about the everyday realities and stories of the Taiwanese people, and of course try out the rich cuisine at local night markets. To help you process this experience, we hold daily reflections and group sharing to help you discover God in this new place. Wherever you’re at in your faith journey, there is something for everyone on this immersion experience!
- Onsite visits to: Maryknoll migrant house, guided tours to the famous Palace Museum, Bangka Longshan Temple, and Maryknoll migrant center
- Visits to cultural, historical and nature preserves
- Encounter and relationship building with individuals, families, and communities
- Orientation to the social, political, and economic realities of young people and Filipino migrant workers
- Opportunities for prayer, liturgy and faith sharing
- Daily reflections and faith formation activities
- Ongoing missionary discipleship support and formation before, during, and after the trip
Participant requirements and Conditions:
- Acceptance at Maryknoll’s discretion
- Participants must arrange and pay for their own air travel from the U.S. to Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport and back during the designated time frame. In-country transportation will be provided during the trip.
- Accommodations and meals are provided during the trip
- Current passport with an expiration date exceeding at least 6 months from trip date and Visas as required. Check U.S. State website for more information.
- Suggested donation of $2,200 to cover trip costs (subject to change)
- Participants must sign a Travel Risk Agreement
- Non-refundable deposit of $100 due upon acceptance
- Limited scholarships are available for those unable to make the full donation
- Trips require a minimum number of participants to proceed